allroadfaq.com

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home

Allroad Climate Control

Discuss Chips, DIPPs, Turbos, Exhausts and other hard parts that make an allroad Gooooooooo

Allroad Climate Control

Postby Gedicht » Fri Dec 10, 2010

New to the board, though not to AUdi. Issue, recent cold snap, heating issues. Symptom: With all temp gauges at proper levels (coolant mid dial, Oil temp 1/4 + from the left) my Climate control is blowing warm to cool. No residue inside car (from coolant contamination), no smells, just not much heat (even when set on "HI"). My thought was (god forbid) heater core . . . but no smell, no residue. Then, control head . . . but all controls on the panel (save the actual temp delivered) are acting normally. Is there a self test sequence for the system?

Any suggestions? 03' Allroad, 2.7T-M, K04's, MTM ECU remap, otherwise bog standard
Gedicht
New User

Re: Allroad Climate Control

Postby uber_ar » Tue Dec 28, 2010

The only tests of the system i know involve a scan tool like vag com. Basically running the system through a series of output tests.

Imperially it sounds like the mixer. The blower system is right behind the glove box. Its super easy to get to. do you hear the normal sounds of the mixer flaps moving when you move temp from high to low or change output vents?
2002 allroad TIP
Diary Comments OK
uber_ar
Site Admin

My allroad: 2002 Atlas Tip

Re: Allroad Climate Control

Postby motionpotion » Thu Feb 09, 2012

Any gurgling sounds?

I had similar issues with low heat. A full flush and bleed of all air (which takes a long time and lots of coolant) did the job for my heater problems.
motionpotion
New User

Return to Engine / Drivetrain

Bridge by mehdiplugins.com